Monday, November 10, 2008

It's My Birthday

Today I celebrate my 32nd birthday. Well, actually I am celebrating it tomorrow night . My mom is cooking my favorite dinner for me tomorrow night and I can't wait. Lastnight, Jeremy had told me NOT to come in the kitchen. In a little bit I needed in the kitchen to throw something away. Tucker held his hands out and said,"No Mommy, you can't come in here. I said please and he said ok BUT don't look at your card we are making you." Jeremy and I just looked at each other and smiled. I do want to share with you an e-mail I received from my dad this morning. He is a very special person. Be prepared it is a tear jerker...

Dear Sis,
It was thirty- two years ago today that I was holding you for the first time. Now I can only remember those times we spent togehter while you were growing up. I remember the times we spent together shooting basketball and traveling to all your basketball games. I remember hooping and hollering for you and you would just give me that look. AS I look at Rylee I see a lot of you in her. She has the same determination that you did, to be the best that you could be. I thank God for you and Jeremy and the way that you two are raising your kids. You will always be my little girl.
Love,
Dad

I will always be a "Daddy's Girl"

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

What a sweet note from your dad! Happy Birthday to a terrific friend! Wish I could be there with you!