Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Celebrations

The fourth of July is a very difficult holiday for us to celebrate. Twelve years ago on July 2nd, the most amazing woman went to be with the Lord. After a short battle with cancer my grandmother, Nanny John lost the fight. In 1997 on the 4th of July we didn't celebrate but buried my Nanny. However, we know she was and is still celebrating, it is still hard not to remember that year and the pain that we all indulged. Nanny was the most loving mother and grandmother anyone could have ever asked for. In some ways it seems like it has been twelve years since I last seen her smiling face and other times it seems like only yesterday that I ran onto her screened porch and Doc(my grandfather) grabbed me and said, "she's gone." There is seldom a day that goes by that I do not think about her and I think of the song that plays on my blog, "Take A Look At Me Now." We would never ask my Nanny to leave where she is but boy what a reunion it will be when we all can see her again!!!



Tucker and Rylee Kate and cousins Zach and Alex in the parade.
Tucker and Zach after the parade. Rylee Kate and Alex doing what they do best, eating.

The volleyball game!
Doc keeping score and watching for cheating!

This is my stylish little girl. After, a fun day at Docs, Jeremy and I came home and the kids played til dark. Rylee would not have it any other way except to wear these two stylish shoes. One was a heel and the other was a flip flop.


"Good Night"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That last pictures is precious!