Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tucker's first

Tucker woke up Friday night around midnight complaining of his ear. We gave him some Tylenol and then we never heard another word. I decided around noon the next day I better walk him down to the pediatricians office to make sure he was ok. He did have an ear infection and was out on his first ever antibiotic. I hated it for him but I am so thankful we made it until he was
4 1/2 years old. He has been one healthy little boy. We got a prescription for some chewable antibiotics and boy have we had a time getting him to take them. After 3 days of fighting with him about taking it, I decided that I was just taking him to the doctor to get a shot. I took him today and it was awful!!! Of course Jeremy is down in his back and missed this experience. Below are a few phrases Tucker YELLED at me while we were waiting for the nurse to come in and give him his shot.
"Let me out of here!"
"I can walk home by myself"
"Mommy, Why are you doing this to me"
I explained to him it would be ok he said,
"No it won't, I am getting a shot and they hurt"
"I promise I will take my medicine now if you will just get me out of here"

We got the shot, survived and he told us tonight that, "He would choose a shot over medicine any day!"

No comments: