Sunday, December 1, 2013

And so it has started!

 



  I thought I would have many years before I had to worry about my children Rylee sneaking out of the house. Well,  I guess it started earlier than I expected. Today, I went to Rylee's room to find her on youtube after she has been told NOT to get on there. I explained to her that she is not allowed on there and she knew that. I guess I hurt her feelings a little so she covered her head and pouted a bit. About 10 minutes later my phone rings and it was Rylee calling from my parent's house. She said, "Hey Mom I am at Doosie's." I said well you have about 2 minutes to get yourself home. In the meantime I started wondering how she got out of the house because I was in the office and can see the 2 exits she normally uses and I never seen her leave. So I go look in her room and her window is up. I quickly realized she had snuck out her window(which is about 5-6ft. off the ground). By this time she came home and I sat her down and told her how serious and dangerous that was and that she better not ever do that again. She said, "Well, Mom I left you a note." I asked her to go get it and sure enough it read, "Mom, I'm gone to Doosie's. I explained to her again that was nice of her to leave me a note but it was still a bad choice and she would have to face the consequences. I also must mention she has already told people Wendy that she would be doing it again. I'm afraid we have our hands full!
     As I tucked Rylee in to bed last night and listened to her sincere prayer, my heart melted. "Dear Jesus, Thank you for giving me a Mommy and Daddy that want me to be safe. Thanks you for forgiving me for what I done today." Then I read the above picture in her diary that she had written after church.

No comments: