Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The year before double digits

Dearest Tucker,

Today, you my son turn nine and I want you to know that I am oh so happy to be your mommy.  Nine is hard for me. I guess because I know you will be double digits next year and your half way to the age of an "adult."  This past year has been my favorite year ever.  You were the child that brought your dad and I into parenthood.  You started this whole Lorenz family off to a great start. 

When you are feeling like it, you are a great help to your sister.  You show her things, and help her with things even when she really doesn't care for your help.  You are growing into a leader, and I pray that God will continue to mold you into that role as many other kids look up to you, and that’s a big deal.  Remember that as you make choices.

Of course you are still quite the athlete. You seem to excel in all sports you play and of course that makes for a happy and proud Mommy.  Your work ethic and leadership skills on the baseball field are what amaze me the most during this past year.  You went from batting last and playing right field to becoming quite the second baseman and batting 5th.  You have a desire to be the best you can be and do whatever it takes to get there and that's just how God wants us to be.  You sat on the bench in the dug out not saying a word to anyone to taking charge on the field and lifting your teammates up when they are down. This is just another thing I love about you!

Tucker, thank you for letting me love you and I pray to God that I love you and your sister well.  I want you to know that I love you more than words can say, will fight for you, and will always be here for you.   I have so enjoyed these past 8 years of being your mommy I’m super proud of you.

No comments: