Thursday, May 13, 2021

Tucker turns 16

 Tucker turned 16 on Thursday. Due to baseball district tournament we didn't really get to celebrate. We did happen to sneak in dinner and cake on Saturday night.  I can't believe my baby boy is officially driving. 

Tucker, 

   As I woke up today I was reminded that I now have a 16 year old.  I can still remember the exact moment I found out I was going to be a mom.  From that moment on, my life was changed for the better.  I remember on May 5th I had a back ache all day and I couldn't get it to stop. Your dad finally talked me into going on to the hospital to be checked out. I was so afraid they would tell me I wasn't in "real labor."  Well lo and behold on the morning of May 6th a beautiful, happy and healthy baby boy entered this world and my world has never been the same.  I was so clueless on how to be a Mom, but I was determined to figure it out and try my best.  Over the last 16 years there has been plenty of times I have asked myself, Can I do this? Was that the right decision? Do I deserve a son like this? Well so far I think I have done pretty good.

Tucker, I want you to always know how very thankful I am that God gave you to me.  You and Ry are the best gifts I could have ever received.  As you move forward through life always remember how proud I am of you.  You have a heart like no other, you are quick to forgive and boy do you love BIG!  As this new milestone begins (driving), please know I pray for you daily. I pray for your safety and for you to always make Godly decisions.  I know you will make mistakes along the way, but all I ask is that you learn from them.  I love you, Tuck. Happy 16th birthday!


















No comments: