Saturday, January 10, 2009

HUGE MILESTONE...

As most of you already know a little over 2 years ago Tucker's world was turned upside down for about 6 weeks. He had always went to his bed on his on and was a good sleeper. However, when I was in the hospital and Tucker stayed with mom and dad he started sleeping with them. Of course at that time it was not a big deal. We wanted whatever was best for him. The night we came home he slept with us, but neither of us slept so we began letting him fall asleep on the couch and then we carried him up to his bed and all was well. Jeremy and I both agreed he had already been traumatized and we allowed him to go to sleep wherever he was comfortable.
Since we ordered the bunk beds I reminded him that he will have to start going to sleep in his own bed for several reasons. Last night, he cried telling me something was in his closet. I prayed with him and we asked Jesus to help him not be scared and to sleep good. I laid with him for about 10 minutes and then came to bed myself. He must have fell fast asleep soon afterwards. Tonight, his dad put him to bed and prayed with him and he did not even whimper! We are so proud of him!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad Tucker has turned that corner. I know it was a rough time for him. Congratulations, Tucker!