Monday, May 17, 2010

Special Service

Sunday, May 16th is a day that I will never forget. It is the day that Jeremy answered God's calling and made it official. Jeremy's deacon ordination service was held last night and it was such a personable service. The current deacons decided that when it came time to lay hands on Jeremy and pray for him that I should be prayed over also. It was a very sweet time and many prayers were said. Jeremy and I are so blessed to have so many Godly people in our lives. We love you all and ask that you continue to remember our family in your prayers as we begin this journey of serving the Lord and our church family.


Bud's prayer
Papaw Dickie's prayer
This was so special. My dad
laying hands on Jeremy
and praying for him.
Craig and my Uncle Ronnie
My Uncle Peno and Jeremy's
uncle Jim

Bud presenting us as a new Deacon
and Deacon's wife
As we were putting the kids to bed last night we asked them what they were thankful for and Tucker said that his dad is a deacon. Tucker also told us that he almost cried when people were praying over us. He is such a thoughtful kid. Rylee Kate was thankful for Jesus. She did ask if we were sick (since they were laying hands on us). I explained to her that no we were not sick , they were just praying for our family. I am so blessed to have such a Godly husband!
Jeremy,
I want you to know how proud I am of you and the decision you have made to answer God's calling. I know it will not be easy, in fact it is going to be very difficult. Satan was not happy and will be ready to attack you and our family because of this. As your wife, I want you to know I promise to stand by you and pray for you daily. I love you and pray that God will continue to work in our lives and use us the way He sees fit.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! You are very blessed indeed.

{A*very} Blessed Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{A*very} Blessed Life said...

What a wonderful ceremony! We will pray for Jeremy as he begins his calling as a deacon and we will always continue to pray for the wel-being of you and your family. What a blessing!

(P.S. sorry for he deletion above. I had a typo and tried to fix it.)