Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tis' the Season

To be honest with you I am really struggling with this year. The excitement of Christmas is just not there. I know that is awful and selfish and pray I have a change of heart, but it's just not the same. I'm not in my home, yes I am in a house but it's not my home. I often sit and think about how I will decorate my new house and where I will put the Christmas tree but that is next year so for now I must move on. We did get a little decorating done and I mean a little. I seen no since in searching, unpacking, and packing it all up again so we decided to get the minimum amount of decorations out that we could. So we have a Christmas tree, the fireplace is decorated, the kids yearly Santa pics are out, stockings are hung, and the kids trees are up and beautiful as ever. However the most important thing is the annual Christmas story has been told and the true meaning of Christmas has been shared with our children.  Below are a few pictures of the kids decorating and me and the kids doing and interactive story/ nativity scene to figure out "What God Want's For Christmas." Each box you open is a part of the manger scene and each page you read tells but there is one thing that God wants for Christmas and it is in Box 7. So as we go through all the boxes and seems the manger scene is complete, Tucker opens box #7 and the kids both yell, "It's Me." Inside box 7 was a mirror so of course the kids seen their reflections and realized it was them, me, and you that He wants. That's all!!! So as this season gets closer and closer, please take time to share with your kids the true meaning of Christmas.










No comments: