Thursday, May 5, 2011

Where did time go?

Six years ago tonight I was lying in triage at Parkwest Hospital wondering if I would be admitted of if they would tell me I was in false labor and send me home. It turns out by midnight I was admitted, my water was broke, and the epidural was given. I slept through the night while all my family slept in the waiting room and by 8:51 the following morning I gave birth to one of the most precious gifts I have ever received.

Tucker,
I can't believe you are 6 years old. I am not sure where time went. It seems like only yesterday I was holding you and swinging you on the front porch swing, now you are swinging upside down from a tree. It seems like only yesterday I was waking up through the night to feed you, now you barely eat (you are SO picky) and I have to wake you up in the mornings or you would sleep all day. Only yesterday I was rolling a ball to you and now you are in your second season playing for the Cubs. It seems like only yesterday Doosie was bringing you to my field day so I could show you off and next week you will be competing in your first ever field day as a kindergartner. Wow, how time flies! I have mixed feelings about you growing up. I miss the little toddler you use to be, but I am so excited to see the young boy you become. I look so forward to many more ballgames, school activities, birthday parties, but most of all, the day you ask Jesus into your heart. Tucker, I love you so much and I am so thankful God chose me to love you, care for you, and to be your Mom. I am SO BLESSED!
Love,

Mom



Tuck~
Wow! I can't believe you are six years old! Where has time gone? It seems like only yesterday you were learning how to walk. I look at those pictures going down the stair way and it takes me back to those days. I can remember bringing you home from the hospital and I was so nervous driving home. Although it is sad thinking how quickly you have grown up, I can't help but to look forward of what is to come in the future. I know that God has a special plan for your life. I look forward to the many more days of playing catch and shooting hoops. I can't wait for the days it is just you and I out on the boat fishing. Camping, trips to the beach and more Disney World Vacations are in our plans too. Most of all I look forward to the day you receive Christ in your heart. I am so proud of you and the person you are becoming. I am so proud to be known as "Tucker's Dad." I thank God everyday that He chose me to be your Dad. I pray that you will grow in your faith and be all He wants you to be. I also ask you to always seek His guidance in everything you do and all decisions that you make. Lastly, I pray that He helps me be the Godly example I need to be so that you can become the Godly man He wants you to become. I love you so much and hope you had a wonderful birthday.


Love,


"Tucker's Dad"





2 comments:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Emily, this is such a sweet letter to Tucker. It has left me with tears in my eyes. I am sure he will cherish this. Happy almost Birthday Tucker! You are quite a special little guy!

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Very Sweet!!!! Happy Birthday Tucker!