Friday, July 1, 2011

July 2, 1997

You see tomorrow will be 14 years that my Nannie lost her fight with cancer. It is a day I will never forget that sometimes I wish I could. The moment Doc grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me and told me, "She's gone." Oh! Those words are still so piercing to my heart. I loved my Nannie more than I can explain. She was a wonderful mother and grandmother and I just wish she could have met all these great- grand kids. She would have loved all of them running around!!! Well, we can't bring her back nor would we ask her to leave the place she is at, but what I would give to hear her voice or see her face for just a minute. I know that is not possible so I will just continue to talk about her and share all my wonderful memories of her with my kids. So Until I see you again Nannie....
I love you!

No comments: