Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This is NOT how we roll...

    As we rang in 2013 it was not quite the way we had planned. As you see a stomach virus hit most of our extended family the days ahead of the New Year which in turn made us cancel our yearly New Year's festivities. It was hard not celebrating at Doc's since I have celebrated there all 36 years of my life (excluding the one year I was hospitalized pregnant with Rylee). It just didn't seem right us all not being together. However, we ended up spending it with Gramps and Doosie. We had fun working puzzles, Rook (Doc and I were the champions), Uno, eating, ringing in the New Year, shooting fireworks,crashing at their house for the night (which was not planned), and of course a wonderful breakfast the following morning.  As I talked to a few family members that were also missing our time together we quickly reminded ourselves how fortunate we were that it was just a stomach virus keeping us a part and nothing more serious.
    As I reflect back on 2012 I must say it was filled with blessing after blessing. In the beginning of 2012 we received word that we were going to have the opportunity to purchase some land out by my parents to build on. We accepted this news as a gift from God and in turn put our house on the market. It sold in 32 days and with the housing market the way it is we knew this was meant to be. Soon after we moved out we received some not so good news from Jeremy's brother, but on a good note Jason and I have became very close and I feel like I have gained a brother in 2012. In May Jeremy was offered a principals position at Steekee and took it. Needless to say it has been quite  a challenging year. Also, the prayer that was answered this May was such a prayer that had been prayed by so many for so many years. God finally found the perfect little boy to put into Marci and Paul's life. We didn't understand the whys and disappointments along the way, but now we do. COOPER. We moved into a rental home mid summer which was quite an adjustment for the kids. Speaking of adjustments we chose to transfer the kids to Steekee this year and also retain Tucker in 1st grade. He wasn't and still isn't real happy with our decision but we prayed about it and felt it was in God's perfect plan for Tucker and so we did it. We began building our house in October and currently they have completed about 3/4 of the house. We are getting so anxious to move into our beautiful, new home and begin making memories there. Early December my brother did something I never thought he would do and that was get engaged. I can't believe I will gain a new sister in 2013!!! Just like I said the year 2012 has been filled with many blessings and these were just the ones that stood out. I look forward to 2013 and to see what God has planned for us. As I laid in bed this morning with Tucker he asked me what my New Year's Resolutions was and I have chose to be:

A better wife and Mom and to grow in my relationship with God (which means more time in His word).



























So here's to 2013

No comments: