Monday, June 6, 2011

I can't explain how I feel!


1 of those 10 souls was Tucker's!

Words can't explain how I am feeling right now. Let me begin by saying Jeremy is in Nashville for the week for evaluation training and I am at home with 2 kids, doing swim lessons and running errands all day and VBS at night. Oh and did I mention packing for the beach. After what happened tonight I am not complaining. Tonight, during closing prayer at VBS I prayed that God would speak to the children that He needed to speak to. Little did I know I was praying for my very own son. Yes! Tucker asked Jesus into his heart tonight and it was the most sincere thing I have ever seen or heard. I came home and started watering flowers and decided to run down to Nana and Papaws at 9:30 (yes very unusual). We started asking Tucker about his VBS lesson and I mentioned Bud would be speaking to everyone on Wednesday. Tucker looked at me and Nana and said, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart." We talked a minute and I said as soon as we get home we will call Daddy. We actually called him on the way home. We got in the house and Jeremy talked to Tucker and asked him a billion questions while Tucker so anxiously walked all around the house over and over. I finally held him and cried while I could hear his Daddy telling him what to pray. Tucker prayed in his quivering voice and tears rolling down his cheek "Jesus I know I'm a sinner and I know You died on the cross for me. I want you to come into my heart forever." (he may have said a little more but this was the gist of it) He finally hung up the phone and I sat him on my lap and said Tucker did you mean what you just said? Do you really think He is in your heart? Tucker said yes Mommy. I said no one or anything can EVER take Him out of your heart. Jesus will live in there FOREVER. Yes you will sin, but all you have to do is ask for forgiveness.
Tucker and I can't stop crying tonight. I just wish Jeremy would have been here so we could hold each other and cry together. Tucker immediately got on the phone at 11pm to call everyone and tell them. If for some reason he didn't call you I finally talked him into letting me text a few people cause it was so late.
After, we came in the living room I said Rylee your brother just asked Jesus into his heart. She said, " Show me how to do it." I said well Ry you aren't quite ready yet but one day you will be. She said, "Well just show me how he did it so I will know." How sweet and innocent is that.
Jeremy and I want to say thank you to Tucker's Sunday School teachers, Children's Church teachers, pastor, church family, and our personal family for living such Godly lives and teaching him such Godly values. We are so blessed to be around Christian people who love our son, but more importantly love our JESUS!!!

1 comment:

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

So proud of Tucker! What a special day for you all!