Tuesday, May 12, 2009

4 year check up

Tucker went for his 4 year check up today. He weighed in at a whopping 31.2 pounds and was 38 3/4 inches tall. He is on the small side but Dr.Rob said, "This is normal for kids this age." Of course we all know Tucker is not the best eater. He got 100 % on his hearing and eye test.
Dr. Rob was impressed that Tucker could write his name and could skip and hop on one foot. Dr. Rob told us, " You have a super kid!" Of course we think so too, but I am pretty sure he tells everyone this. LOL Tucker then had to get the 3 dreaded shots. OUCH! I felt so sorry for him. I wanted to cry. I told him as the doctor was leaving the room that he had to get shots and he started crying and saying, "Mommy I don't want a shot." I explained to him these shots could keep him from getting a disease that could cause him to get sick or even die. He cried while he got the shots but stopped immediately after she was finished sticking him. We then hurried home to get to his 2nd t-ball game.

Thanks Doo, Gramps, Doc, Christi, Ellie and Rylee for watching his first game. Grammie and Papaw could not make it but were there to cheer him on tonight. Also, thanks to Uncle Kent, Jennifer and Jess for your cheers tonight.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What shots did he get? I didn't think they got any this time! Matthew has to take Evan by himself and he will be so mad at me. He does not do shots. LOL.

Emily said...

Well, it is kindergarten shots but a lot of doctors give them at 4 years. He got chicken pox, MMR, polio. He was pitiful.